The number one search term used to find my blog is “glico curry instructions” with “glico curry” coming in a close second. I don’t think a day has gone by since I posted the Glico recipe that someone hasn’t looked it up and wound up here. I didn’t take pictures back then, so I’ve always felt sorry for those who are looking for a good recipe and find my half-baked version. I’ve also made a few more adjustments since then, so I have finally decided to update my recipe… this time with pictures! (Sorry, food photography is not my forté…)
(Japanese style curry adapted from the Glico Curry box)
2 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
1 Medium onion, minced -or- chopped
1 Large Potato
1 Large carrot -or- a small bowl full of baby carrots, chopped
3 Cloves of garlic, minced (I actually use 4 cloves, because it’s better that way)
Broccoli (small bowl full) -or- your favourite vegetables and/or fruits
1 Cup water
1 Cup chicken broth
1 Pkg. Glico Curry Sauce
*If you are using meat, seafood or tofu (1/2 lb.); omit the chicken broth and use 2 cups of water.*
1. Cut all ingredients into bite sized pieces.
2. In a large skillet, stir fry onions with oil. Add potatoes, carrots and garlic and stir for a few minutes
(and meat, if you are using it).
3. Add water and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
4. Add broccoli and cook for another 5 minutes or until tender.
5. Remove from heat and add Glico Curry sauce (break into several pieces). Stir until completely melted.
6. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
7. Serve hot with rice.