Last night my sister, Shea, and I attempted to make Japanese style curry rice for the second time and it turned out awesome so I thought I’d share the recipe! You can also find it on the Glico Curry box, but I made a few adjustments.
Glico Curry (if I were smart, I would have taken a picture…)
1/2 Lb. Meat, seafood or tofu (we omitted this last night)
2 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
1 Medium onion (I prefer it minced, but chop it if you like chunks)
1 Medium Potato (I used 2, because 1 just isn’t enough)
1 Medium carrot (I wish I used a large carrot)
2 Cloves of garlic, minced
Your favourite vegetables and/or fruits (we used broccoli)
2 Cups (500mL) water (Our first attempt was a bit too thick in my opinion, so this time we added about 1/4 cup more water)
1 Pkg. Glico Curry Sauce
1. Cut all ingredients into bite sized pieces.
2. In a large skillet, stir fry onions with oil. Add meat, vegetables and garlic and stir for a few minutes.
3. Add water and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 20 minutes or until tender.
4. Remove from heat and add Glico Curry sauce (break into several pieces). Stir until completely melted.
5. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
6. Serve hot with rice
Tip: Eat it with a spoon!!